The Half Moon Pub
The Half Moon
Come and enjoy the friendly atmosphere this historic village pub. A charming open plan bar/restaurant, with lots of traditional character, including an open fire place, exposed beams and garden area with country views.
We offer the best in quality traditional dining with friendly service and reasonable prices; we are passionate about preparing high quality, skillfully cooked food, we even cut the chips ourselves!
Food served all week from Tuesday to Sunday
- CLOSED Mondays
- 12.00pm - 3.00pm & 6.00pm - 11pm Tuesdays to Thursdays
- 12.00pm - 11.45pm Fridays & Saturdays
- 12.00pm - 4pm Sundays
Families are welcome and highchairs are available for smaller guests!
There are three real ales available:
- Charles Wells: Eagle IPA
A complex finish of bitter hops with a delicious citrus fruit taste & aroma of fresh apples - (3.6% ABV) - an excellent session beer!
- Courage: Directors Bitter
A full bodied genuine premium ale with a clean bitter taste. Sweet burnt malty & fruity notes balance with a distinctive dry-hop aroma & flavour (4.8% ABV)
- Seasonal Guest Ale
There is also an extensive choice of lager, cider, wines, spirits, soft drinks and snacks.
- Served between 12pm and 4pm every Sunday
- Your choice of three meats plus all the vegetables and yorkshire puddings you can eat!!
- Please book in advance on 01933 665532 to avoid disappointment
Fish & Chips Menu now available Tuesday to Friday
- Often copied never battered! Eat in or take away only at the Half Moon! 12-2.30pm & 6-9pm Tuesday to Friday
- Cod Small/Medium £4.10/£4.80
- Haddock £4.75
- Plaice £4.95
- Scampi £6.60
- Fish Cake £1.60
- Catch of the Day (Calamari, Scampi & Cod) £6.15
- Chips & Sides
- Chips Small/Large £1.75/£2.55
- Mushy Peas/Garden Peas £1.10
- Baked Beans £1.10
- Curry Sauce £1.10
- Gravy £1.10
- Side Salad £3.50
- Meat & Chicken
- Sausage £1.50
- Battered Sausage £1.95
- Saveloy £1.80
- Burger in a bun with salad & relish £6.00
- Cheese Burger in a bun with salad & relish £6.20
- Steak & Kidney Pudding £5.70
- Chicken Nuggets (6) £2.50
- Kids Meal
- Choice of fish fingers, chicken nuggets or fish cake with small chips £4.50
We serve food from our main menu from 12-2.30pm & 6-9pm Tuesday to Saturday
- Mixed Olives £3.00
- Mixed Pickles £3.00
- Chef’s Freshly Made Soup £4.95
- Served with bread
- Ardennes Pate £5.95
- Rustic pork and chicken liver pate served with toasted bread and mild chilli chutney
- Breaded Brie (v)£5.95
- Creamy french brie wedges with a crisp breadcrumb coating and served with a tangy relish
- Smoked salmon & prawns £6.95
- Smoked salmon with prawns horseradish cream and lime vinagrette
- Stuffed flat mushroom (v)£5.95
- Stuffed with garlic and creamed spinach, topped with melted mozzarella
- Steamed mussels £6.95
- In a garlic and white wine sauce
- Carpaccio £5.95
- Finely sliced beef fillet wrapped around diced mushrooms, capers & lemon with parmesan shavings
- Crispy calamari £6.95
- Lightly seasoned calamari rings, deep fried and served with tartare sauce
- Main Courses
- Fish pie £11.95
- Smoked haddock, cod, salmon & prawns in creamy white wine sauce topped with mashed potato and served with vegetables
- Pan fried salmon £11.95
- Prime salmon fillet pan-fried served with hollandaise sauce new potatoes & salad
- Gnocchi with blue cheese sauce (v)
- Italian potato dumplings with creamy blue cheese & spinach sauce served with garlic bread & salad
- Mushroom, tomato & chickpea stew (v) £10.95
- Hearty, warming vegan stew garnished with fresh coriander and lemon wedge. Served with rice & vegetables.
- Fresh Dough Pizza £10.95
- Margherita pizza with freshly made pizza dough plus your choice of three additional toppings. Choose from pepperoni, ham, anchovies, artichokes,
- Cheddar Melt Burger £10.95
- Minced 6 oz steak beef burger topped with mature cheddar & mushrooms served in a soft toasted bun with salad and chips
- Ham,egg & chips £10.95
- Thick sliced home-cooked ham with egg and chips
- Smokey chicken £12.95
- Chicken breast stuffed with barbeque sauce, mature cheddar and wrapped in bacon. Served with chips and salad
- Liver & bacon £12.95
- Thinly sliced pigs liver pan-fried with bacon in a rich red wine gravy. Served with vegetables & mashed potatoes
- Sirloin Steak 8 oz £16.50
- Served sizzling on a griddle pan with real onion rings, fresh chips, fried mushrooms, grilled tomato & salad
- Venison Hot Pot £11.95
- Prime cuts of venison cooked with chestnut mushrooms and red wine, topped with sauteed potatoes. Served with vegetables
- Steak & Ale Pie £12.95
- Slow cooked steak in a rich ale and mushroom gravy encased in puff pastry. Served with vegetables or salad and your choice of potatoes
- Pork Belly £12.95
- Succulent slow roasted pork belly accompanied by a rich mushroom & cream sauce. Served with vegetables and your choice of potatoes
- Fresh Cut Chips £2.50
- Bread Basket £1.50
- Garlic Bread £2.95 with cheese £3.95
- Side Salad £2.95
- Take your steak or burger to a new level by adding one of our delicious sauces. All our sauces are made by our chef (no packets here!) choose from
- Garlic Butter
- Peri-Peri (spicy)
- Creamy Garlic
Dietary requirements can be catered for upon request
- All Burgers £8.50
- Served with freshly cut chips your choice of white seeded or brioche bun with lettuce, tomato & red onion.
- 6oz Beef Steak Burgers
- Cheddar Melt, topped with melted mature cheddar and sauteed mushrooms.
- Mustang Sally, topped with creamy blue cheese and bacon.
- Mexican, with spicy cheese, jalapenos and chilli sauce.
- Hells Wrath, with spicy cheese, jalapenos and naga chilli mayonnaise
- Fromage, melted french brie and tangy cranberry relish.
- Surf & Turf, topped with succulent prawns in thousand island dressing.
- All Day Breakfast, with bacon, egg and hash brown.
- Speciality Burgers
- Codfather, succulent cod burger with tartare sauce
- Chicken, whole griddled chicken breast. Can be served with a gluten free bun.
- Peri-peri, spicy marinaded griddled whole chicken breast.
- Vegetarian, topped with melted cheese and tangy tomato chutney.
- All desserts £6.95
- Lemon Posset
- Smooth & tangy lemon cream served with buttery citrus shortbread. Can be made gluten free, please ask your server!
- Baked Vanilla Cheesecake with Damson Coulis
- Rich, creamy vanilla cheesecake on a crunchy biscuit base topped with tangy damson coulis. Served with your choice of custard or cream.
- Treacle Tart
- Traditional favourite made with lashings of golden syrup, served warm with custard, cream or ice-cream
- Apple Strudel
- Local apples sauteed in butter and baked in a crisp filo pastry shell. Served hot with cream, ice-cream or custard
- Raspberry Jam Roly Poly
- Traditional steamed suet roly poly oozing with raspberry jam and served hot with custard
- Sticky Stem Ginger Pudding
- Delicious individual sponge pudding richly flavoured with stem ginger and molasses sugar, drenched in a dark ginger sauce. Served warm with cream or ice-cream.
- Ice-Cream Cocktails
- Half way between a dessert and an after dinner drink, this is the perfect end to a good dinner. Simply choose your favourite liqueur, such as Baileys, Tia Maria, Drambuie, Amarula, Kalua or Malibu and have it served blended with vanilla ice-cream in a chocolate sauce laced glass
- Cappuccino £2.80 Americano £2.30 Irish Coffee £4.95
- Latte £2.80 Espresso £2.30
- Served on white or brown bread with spicy chips & salad garnish
- Cheddar, red onion & tomato £4.95
- Bacon, lettuce & tomato £5.95
- Home-cooked ham, salad & pickle £5.95
- Prawn Marie Rosa £6.95
- Served with spicy chips & salad garnish
- Mushroom & cheese £5.95
- Bacon, brie & cranberry £6.95
- Sausage & onion £6.95
- Chicken & bacon £6.95
- Omelettes £7.95
- Served with salad, chips & your choice of up to three fillings (£1 extra for prawns). Extra fillings available at additional cost as listed below
- Jacket potatoes £4.95
- With one topping (£1 extra for prawns).Extra fillings available at additional cost as listed below
- Cheese £1.50
- Onions £0.50
- Mushrooms £1.20
- Sweetcorn £0.75
- Bacon £1.00
- Chicken £1.50
- Sausage £1.50
- Prawns £2.00
- Tuna £2.00
- Ham £1.00
- Looking for a new venue for your corporate or social dining? Call us now! We are also able to offer a mobile bar service.
The Half Moon Public House
42 Main Road
For bookings or further information call 01933 665532